Friday 31 October 2008

Missing Friends And Family (not yet)

Well, its been a week or so since Mick received his ticket, when he first told me he got an email with the flight details I did not sleep properly for two nights. You realise its really happening, and not a dream any more. There are many different emotions, happiness, looking forward to your new life, apprehension, wondering if we will be able to hack it, sadness, leaving friends and family behind especially our son.

Today I wrote my notice out, and that was hard, because I really enjoy where I work, I have a brilliant boss and really great work colleagues, I will really miss them. I finish at the end of November.

I know Mick feels the same way, he has been with the same company for ten years , so he is also bound to miss his workmates and friends.

This week I have spent time loading pictures of family and friends onto my facebook page (if you know me, you will be able to find me).

With a bit of luck we will be getting some runs down to the southern states of the USA and if there is an upturn in the economy maybe to Florida. We should also be getting regular runs from our base in Alberta to the likes of San Francisco on the west side and New York and Chicago on the dirty side. We will also be running a lot in Canada where winter temperatures get down to minus 40C so it is going to be a bit of a shock for me.
I will be taking all our photographs to remind me of the sun. Here are some we took this year while visiting my cousin in Bradenton Florida.






No comments: