Monday 12 January 2009

Fort Woop-Up Pictures

Yesterday we paid a visit to Fort Whoop-Up as the snow was beginning to melt, and when we arrived we were told that the outside exhibit was closed, but some one came out of the rear office and said if we weren't worried about the snow in the compound we could take the key to the various rooms and go and explore at our leisure.

So we did just that!


The girl who was on the counter also said, when Mick asked if there was any coffee, she said "No, but I'll go and make you some", which she did.
What a difference in customer service attitude to the UK, and because it was partially closed, there was no admission charge, although we did leave a donation which was the equivalent anyway.

Santas sleigh?





Me cat napping, if you look there are some cougars, I think, and a bear.


We'd both like to come back in summer to see some of the activities which are here, because they have a smithy and lots of other interesting looking stuff, which were closed down for winter.


Washing hung out to dry.







This may not be in good taste for some readers, but it represents what was happening at the time of the original fort, when the 60 to 70 million Bufffalo were being wiped out.


This may also be in bad taste, but he was only trying the hat on!








Some info is on the High Bridge sign.











O.k I promise that there will be no more pictures of the bridge, and the one at the top of my page which Mick took will be removed soon and I'll replace it with different header picture.

Time for me to take a walk to the L.A. School of Hair Design, to get my cheap haircut, done by students (fingers crossed lol).


Edit: I forgot to add this picture.


Mick found this little plate on the way back up the hill from the Fort.

7 comments:

Palyniam said...

I don't think I would like to travel over that bridge at all..... way too high

Anonymous said...

300 foot high plus a bit.
The trains are massive Paul.

Anonymous said...

Nice to see that they bend over backwards so you never made a wasted trip!! Can you imagine that happening in the UK? Not a chance. They are so switched on when it comes to customer service they (the Canadians) are on a totally different planet. I can't wait to get over and leave this dump behind.

Mick Flynn Images said...

Hi Andy, people here are like people used to be years ago, the more I read the UK papers online, I realise we have made a good choice in coming over here. I do not miss the UK at all, only the family.
Bye For Now
Cath

Anonymous said...

Hi Cath this is Wolfs wife is it ok if I email you to ask some questions I have. Thanks Clare

Mick Flynn Images said...

Hi Clare
you can get me on mickfly@gmail.com
look forward to hearing from you. you can skype me on cathfly.

didster7 said...

Hi Cath & Mick,
you dont get hospitality like that here in the uk, glad to see you are enjoying yourself, hope you get on the road soon. ( i bet your itching to get out there)
would you mind if i put some of the pictures you have taken onto my face book to show my friends what i am going to do and see.

cheers dave.